Friday, September 22, 2006

The return

Do you have a person in your life that you always call and tell your day to...one you can burp and poot in front of and its not weird...one who gets your jokes and loves your style and would tell you, "I'm sorry darlin, but yes those pants make you look fat," and you're ok with that? For some people it may be their spouse or their mom or their college roommate...for me its my sister. My dear, dear, DEAR Connie.

She got back to the States yesterday after spending 5 weeks in Guatemala learning Spanish and soaking up the culture. Now, as amazing as this expierence was for her, and as excited I was that she got to go, I don't ever want her to leave the US without me again! I could not believe how much I missed her. I mean, we usually talk everyday, and I think we spoke 5 times in the last 5 weeks, and that was usually with a difficult connection and it was a hurried conversation. I hate hurried conversations! We did email, but hearing Connie laugh is just about the best thing ever. And as much as I loved hearing about her crazy experiences, the longing in my heart to be experiencing those with her drove me nuts. Maybe I'm being selfish, but I'm also being honest, right?

So yesterday I was eating lunch and my phone beeped...the message said "SIS", something it hasn't said in ages, and I just about fell out of my chair. She was in the States and able to call me from her very own cell phone, and we're on the family plan so we can talk for hours and no one cares. Thank the Lord my sister is home! She got back to Raleigh last night and went out for Indian food with Justin (her man) and Mom (yeah, I was a little jealous about that too...I ate cold, leftover Spaghetti...). Regardless, Connie, I'm so glad you are back, and though I love that you go for the adventure, I love when you are home too. Hurry on up to Asheville, my dear, ok?

No comments: