Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Bring on the Percocet

If you've never woken up from an anesthesia-induced slumber, then you truly haven't experienced the twilight zone. I woke up today from said slumber, burst into tears and cried, "How am I going to pay for this?" referring, of course, to the surgery just performed on my shoulder to repair an anterior labral tear. After several hours, 2 Percocet, and a nap later, I found myself propped up in a huge lounge chair watching the FIFA World Cup at my folks house, wondering what the next few months would entail. There are a lot of question marks right now, but also a few certainties. I know for sure that I have amazing friends that love me, a family that will never let me fall too far, and a God that I worship who has to have a plan for me and without whom I would just die and just be dead on the floor, killed by deadly chaos. I also know that, right now, life without Percocet would be unbearable, so thank the Lord for a good prognosis, for a great doctor, and a tiny white pill that is making my day.

3 comments:

heatherguengerich said...

Girl, I totally understand the "twilight zone" anesthesia induced slumber...just woke up from that myself last thursdsay, however, my first thoughts were, "Oh my gosh, how did I get to this room?" (apparently I walked)

I am praying for you and love you and know that God has everything worked out for you already...so go take your pill and enjoy some sweet rest!

Heather

Joe said...

i hope you've been healed up by now :)

Percocet Prescription Information said...

My name is Monica Stone and i would like to show you my personal experience with Percocet.

I am 35 years old. Have been on Percocet for 7 days now. It did help the pain but the side effects weren't worth it. I'd rather have the pain.

I have experienced some of these side effects-
nausea, very itchy, racing heart, anxiety, flashing lights(almost hallucinogenic?), weird dreams, tiredness

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Monica Stone