Friday, June 09, 2006

Unseen promises

So I was driving home yesterday after eating with my parents, slightly depressed and wondering what I'm going to do with my life, and just as I was exiting off 440, the most lovely rainbow appeared over the hill. It was, to me, a sweet reminder that the Lord I follow is one of promises...promises of a hope and a future, promises to always be around, promises of an abundannt life. For a moment, my eyes were off my issues and my worries as I looked to the heavens...

There is an old song that we used to sing that comes to mind as I write:

I lift my eyes up, to the mountains
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from you, maker of heaven
Creator of the Earth


So I'll continue to look towards the heavens, where my help comes from...and the Lord knows how much help I need right now.

No comments: